Monday, May 01, 2006

Recipe ~ diet for a small kitchen (with apologies to F.M. Lappe) ~ Quick Tomato Sauce

Part 1.
So my stint in an efficiency has started. As best I'm able, I'll be posting recipes that I use in my ridiculously small galley kitchen.
Quick Tomato Sauce (yields ~3 cups)

1 -28oz. can of whole tomatoes, drained and smashed and torn with hands (or chopped coarsely with knife- I went for my hands and catharsis)
1 garlic clove, peeled and coarsely smashed with the back of a spoon
1/4 c. finely chopped onion- but not to well
3 Tb. olive oil (not extra virgin)
s/p to taste

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a non-stick skillet. Simmer, until almost all the excess juice is gone- It took me ~20 minutes.
Grind some black pepper over the sauce, and salt to taste.

add about 1/3 to a single serving of pasta, cooked in salted water, and sprinkle some fresh grated parmesan and extra virgin olive oil over the top.

enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home