Thursday, February 02, 2006

Dahlia Bakery ~ Seattle, Wa

Dahlia Bakery is owned by Seattle restauranteur Tom Douglas, who also owns Lola, The Palace Kitchen, and Dahlia Lounge. You can learn more about the chef through the link above.
In the meantime, let me tell you that this is the closest I've come to stateside euro-breakfast bliss. The euro-breakfast bliss consists of a cafe and cornetto... or pain au chocolat... or other tasty pastry.

The croissants here are as they should be. Light, buttery, etherial in texture, but full of flavor. Simply the best with a coffee and good companion.

Speaking of, my wife had a pain au chocolat, which she described as "salty chocolate goodness." It reminded her of a little snack we make at home (crusty french bread, chocolate, olive oil, and sea salt.

Dahlia is a good, if pricey, place to grab a bite to eat in the morning. I think if I were to do it every morning, I'd be broke and round...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home